Operation Christmas Child
The UT-SHRM student organization will once again be filling and collecting shoe boxes for Samaritan’s Purse as one of their service projects this year. These shoe boxes go all over the world to children who would otherwise not have a Christmas. Our goal is to surpass 200 boxes!
**The deadline is Wednesday, November 18.**
WOULD YOU LIKE TO HELP?
- If so, please fill a standard size shoe box or a clear plastic shoe box (18” by 6-8” deep) with a mixture of school products, hygiene items, stuffed animals, toys, T-shirts, socks etc. (see Gift Suggestions on next page). Most items can be purchased at dollar stores.
- Print out one of the labels below and tape it to the top of your box. If you wish to track your shoebox, please print a label with a bar code from the website posted below.
- If you do not have a box, you may get one in 415 SMC. Dr. Debbie Mackey has 150 Operation Christmas Child boxes and she is happy to give one to you.
- *If you wish to wrap your shoe box in Christmas paper, be sure to wrap the box and lid separately as all boxes must be opened for inspection.
- DON’T FORGET SHIPPING FEES! Please enclose $7 per box to cover shipping and handling fees (checks should be made payable to Samaritan’s Purse with a note on the memo line for Operation Christmas Child). The shoe boxes will be transported and mailed for you. If writing a check, it is helpful to write a separate check for each box. You can also pay shipping online (see below).
TRACK YOUR SHOE BOX!
- Want to see where your shoe box was delivered? Go online and prepay the $7 per box shipping at https://www.samaritanspurse.org/operation-christmas-child/…/ and print out a label with a bar code (instead of using the labels below). The bar code is linked to your email. A few weeks after Christmas, you will get an email that will tell you where each box was delivered.
DELIVER YOUR BOX!
- Bring your filled shoe box to Dr. Debbie Mackey, 415 Stokely Management Center by Wednesday, November 18th at 12:00 noon. You can email Dr. Mackey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kenan Smith (email@example.com) for more information.
THANK YOU for helping give Christmas to children around the world!
Fantasy of Trees
UT- SHRM will also be participating in Fantasy of Trees again this year! Fantasy of trees benefits East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- This event will involve setting up Santa and the stage for Fantasy of Trees. We must gather materials and assemble two trees. Please contact Kenan Smith or Dr. Mackey to sign up for the event.
The shifts are:
- Friday, November 20th from 2-4pm
- Friday, November 20th from 3-5pm
- Friday, November 20th from 5-7pm
- Friday, November 20th from 6-8pm
- Saturday, November 21st from 10:30- 12:30pm
- Saturday, November 21st from 11:30-1:30pm
- Saturday, November 21st from 12:30-2:30pm
For more information about this event visit the link here.
Department of Management ~ Human Resource Management ~ 415 Stokely Management Center ~ Knoxville, TN 37996