Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- UTK-SHRM Members meet Inky Johnson at the Wimberly Lawson Law Conference
- SHRM meets the first and third Thursday of every month.
- New Officers:
- Congratulations to the following individuals on their officership for the 2016-2017 year:
- Tyler Lampley: Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Griggs- Vice-President email@example.com
- Christine Austin- Vice- President of Social Media and Communications- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brittney Parker: Vice President of Business Operations and Graduate Affairsemail@example.com
- Dori Martin- Vice- President of Membership Developmentfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Troutman: University Liason with TVHRAemail@example.com
- 11/10 Meet past interns and pick up your shoebox.5:30 SCM 401
- 11/16- Last Day to turn in Samaritan's purse shoeboxes.
- 11/18 ATD Smoky Mountain Meeting 12pm at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center, Register online, cost to students is $5
- 11/18 Fantasy of Trees Set up 3-9 Knoxville Convention Center
- 12/2 SHRM Party 6pm
Join National SHRM as a student member for only $40. Go to www.shrm.org/students
Tennessee Valley Human Resource Association (TVHRA)
TVHRA meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center. Make reservations the Friday prior before noon at www.tvhra.org.
Next Meeting: December 12, 2016 at 5:30 at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center, Students must register with Dr. Mackey by Friday December 9, 2016 at 11 am.
You can go as the guest of Dr. Debbie Mackey. To join TVHRA it is $5, and dinner is $10 for students.
East Tennessee Compensation and Benefits Association (ETCBA)
ETCBA meets quarterly at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center. The next meeting will be Friday, March 11,from 8:00am-10:00am. Find out more information at www.etcba.org.
Assurance of Learning Assessment
Make a smooth transition from the classroom to the real world! Sign up for the Assurance of Learning Exam below:
- The Joseph P. Goddard Scholarship ($1000) is awarded to one deserving student each year based on need and scholastic ability. For information on how you may qualify, see Dr. Mackey. Winner- Josh Scull fall 2013.
- Two TVHRA Scholarships are available each year. Apply each January in the Advising office.
- For SHRM Scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate student visit www.shrm.org
- ETCBA Scholarship applications, available for one undergraduate student and one graduate student, are due in October.
Recent HR graduates' placements and achievements:
- Madeline Miller: Jewelry Television
- Paige Himes: Denso Manufacturing
- Kenan Smith: Georgia Pacific
- Seth Watkins: Amazon
- Cyndey Crook: DENSO
- Kimberlee Lowe: Willis Towers Watson
Department of Management ~ Human Resource Management ~ 415 Stokely Management Center ~ Knoxville, TN 37996