Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- UTK-SHRM Members meet Inky Johnson at the Wimberly Lawson Law Conference
- SHRM meets the first and third Thursday of every month.
- New Officers:
- Congratulations to the following individuals on their officership for the 2017-18 year:
- William Spencer- President- email@example.com
- Amber Perrin- Vice President- Operations
- Jessica Beitler- Vice President - Programs
- Laura Kinsey- Vice President- Social Media/Promotions
- Frank James - Graduate Programs Representative
- 3/22- Dress for Success from work to special events-5:30- SMC 402
- 3/13 and 4/10- TVHRA- Professional Chapter meeting-5:30 Rothchilds catering
- 3/29- Young Professionals Seminar- Meet Alums with 1-3 years HR experience and SHRM- CP certifications. 5:30 HBB 201
- 4/12- Senior Seminar-Rotate through tables of advice- Financial planning, salary negotiation, first home, relocation.
- 5/4- Senior Reception- Dr. Mackey's home.
SHRM- CP- Study Group every semester
Review guidelines for sitting for the SHRM-Cp in the spring and fall.
Join National SHRM as a student member for only $40. Go to www.shrm.org/students
Tennessee Valley Human Resource Association (TVHRA)
TVHRA meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 5:30pm at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center. Make reservations the Friday prior before noon at www.tvhra.org.
Next Meeting: March 13at 5:30 at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center, Students must register with Dr. Mackey by Friday December 9, 2016 at 11 am.
You can go as the guest of Dr. Debbie Mackey. To join TVHRA it is $5, and dinner is $10 for students.
East Tennessee Compensation and Benefits Association (ETCBA)
ETCBA meets quarterly at Rothchild Catering and Conference Center. The next meeting will be Friday, March 11,from 8:00am-10:00am. Find out more information at www.etcba.org.
SHRM Advocacy Day- January 19th attended by UT SHRM, Nashville, TN.
- The Joseph P. Goddard Scholarship ($1000) is awarded to one deserving student each year based on need and scholastic ability. For information on how you may qualify, see Dr. Mackey. Winner- Josh Scull fall 2013.
- Two TVHRA Scholarships are available each year. Apply each January in the Advising office.
- For SHRM Scholarships available for undergraduate and graduate student visit www.shrm.org
- ETCBA Scholarship applications, available for one undergraduate student and one graduate student, are due in October.
Recent HR graduates' placements and achievements:
- Tyler Lampley- International Paper
- Christine Austin- Covenant Health
- Lauren Troutman-Magnum Venus Plastech
- Joanna Henderson-Pilot
- Liz Griggs- International Paper
- Ty McBrayer- Willis Towers Watson
- Dalton Mitchell- Dollywood
Department of Management ~ Human Resource Management ~ 415 Stokely Management Center ~ Knoxville, TN 37996